Upcoming Events at New Horizon
- Parent/Teacher Virtual Conferences: Since we will not be holding our annual Open House this Fall, we are going to do something a little different. On Wednesday, November 4th, we will be holding virtual parent/teacher conferences (via phone, Zoom or Microsoft Teams). The conferences will be scheduled between 5:30-8:00 p.m., and each family will have around 15 minutes to talk with the teacher and paraprofessional(s) in their child's classroom.
- Special subject teachers/therapists/behavior specialists will have open office hours on the evening of this event. A link to their virtual meeting will soon be posted on our website(we will send you the links once they are posted). If you need to discuss personal/private matters with a special subject teacher or therapist, then please contact them privately- they will schedule an alternate time to meet. The evening of parent/teacher conferences is an opportunity to learn more about the programs/services offered by our special subject teachers/therapists.
- Within the next few weeks, your child's teacher will be contacting you to schedule a time for the evening on November 4th. If you cannot meet on November 4th, then simply let the teacher know- an alternate date/time will be schedules.
- PTO Taco Kit Fundraiser: Since we will not be having our annual PTO Bingo fundraiser, they too were forced to get creative and develop some new fundraising ideas. Instead of the one big annual Bingo fundraiser, you can expect to see several smaller fundraisers coming your way this year. First up: Taco Kits from Moe's Southwest Grill.
Pre-order now for the New Horizon School PTO Taco Kit Pop-Up Fundraiser on Thursday, October 22nd! 25% of all Taco Kit sales from this event will go toward supporting the PTO!
Pick-up will be on Thursday, October 22nd at New Horizon School - 128 Friendship Circle, Beaver, PA 15009 at 3:30 PM.
Order Deadline: Orders must be placed by Tuesday, October 20th at 12 PM. No orders can be accepted on-site and pre-orders spots available are limited, so don't wait!
Questions? Contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click here to place an order on their secured website.
- Save the Date:
- Friday, October 9th: noon dismissal for students
- Monday, October 12th: full day of school
- Tuesday, October 20th: Taco Kits Fundraiser Pre-Orders due
- Thursday, October 22nd: Taco Kits Fundraiser pick-up @ 3:30
- Wednesday, November 4th: Parent/Teacher Virtual Conferences
- Wednesday, November 11th: Veteran's Day- no school
- Wednesday, November 25th: noon dismissal for students
- Thursday, November 26th-Monday, November 30th: school closed for Thanksgiving Break (school resumes on Tuesday, December 1st).
- Monday, December 21st-Friday, January 1st- school closed for Winter Break (school resumes on Monday, January 4th).