Attendance Policy durng COVID-19
Attendance Policy during COVID-19
- Students attending New Horizon for face-to-face instruction will be considered absent if they do not arrive at the school at any point during the day. They will be marked tardy if they arrive after 9:00 a.m.
- Face-to-face students are permitted to attend virtually on days they cannot attend face-to-face. They will not be marked as "absent" as long as they follow the same criteria as virtual students (read below).
- A virtual learner will not be considered tardy if the tardiness was due to technical issues (i.e., internet or device).
- Please contact your child's teacher if technology issues or behavior issues are affecting your child's participation/attendance.
- A virtual learner (full-time or hybrid) will be considered “absent” if:
- he/she does not “check-in” by 9:00 a.m, or
- he/she does not attend a small group/1:1, large group, or lunch-time/social group, or
- he/she does not complete all of the assignments by midnight on the day they were assigned