2020-2021 Re-Opening Plan
Please Read Prior to Viewing Our Re-Opening Plan
We will resume in-person instruction on Tuesday, January 19th. Families will again have the initial three options that we offered in the Fall:
1.) 100% virtual instructional model
2.) 100% Face-to-Face/in-person instructional model
3.) Hybrid model (the parents/guardians choose which days they send their child for in-person instruction, and which days their child stays home for virtual instruction).
- As in the past, families are permitted to change modes of instruction if they feel it is necessary. If you anticipate a necessary change in your child's mode of instruction or if has changed (and will not be the same as it was on the last day we were opened for in-person instruction), then please complete "Form A" (Change in Mode of Instruction) on the homepage of this website.
- It is important to know that while we hope for the best with the resumption of in-person instruction, we are completely realistic and fully understand that there is also the likelihood of switching back to 100% virtual at any moment in time because of a COVID situation in our school.
- Similar to numerous local school districts, we will no longer be relying on the Health Department's data regarding the community transmission rate of COVID-19 (when determining which mode(s) of instruction we will be providing). Therefore, revisions were made to our re-opening plan. The updates to our plan on 1/06/2021 consist mainly of the removal of the Red/Yellow/Green re-opening phases. In addition, our swimming pool is re-opening. If you do not wish for your child to swim, then please inform your child's teacher immediately. Please review the updated re-opening plan (below) for more details.
Update on 12/9/2020:
- CDC's regulations for quarantine/isoloation (p.31)
- CDC's definition of "close contact" (p.14)
- Support staff/outside agencies in the school (page 22-23).
- Siblings of a student who is symptomatic and needs to leave the school (p. 31).
- Returning to school if a staff member/student is symptomatic, tests positive for COVID, and/or is isolated/quarantined (p.32).